Location: Halifax and Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, is preferred. Kongsberg services clients across Canada so we would be willing to accept the right candidate working remotely in British Columbia or other major Canadian cities.
Are you inspired by people, the incredible possibilities technology holds, and an exciting growth journey in the green shift?
Then join us at Kongsberg Digital, where we are driven by creating a better tomorrow for people, organizations and society!
We are looking for a gamechanger who can transform the ordinary into the exceptional.
A gamechanger for us is more than just a job title; it's an attitude and a mindset that drives us to push boundaries, inspire changes, create new opportunities, and rewrite the rules.
At Kongsberg Digital, we are a frontrunner in digital transformation, playing an important part in sustainable solutions within the maritime, energy, and utilities industries.
We are revolutionising industries with our powerful blend of data science, technological advancements, and deep domain expertise. As a market leader, we have achieved remarkable growth. Now, we are embarking on the next exciting phase of our journey, where our commitment to creating a better tomorrow will guide us toward even greater accomplishments.
Become part of our diverse team of over 1,100 talented individuals representing 33 nationalities with a global presence united by a shared vision. Join us and contribute to a team that thrives on diversity, collaboration, and collective growth.
The Maritime Simulation division is part of Kongsberg Digital and provides market leading simulator solutions for maritime, naval, and offshore industries worldwide. Maritime simulators are used for efficient education of vital skills and knowledge, as well as enhancing competence and decision-making. Our goal is to promote safety, cost-efficiency, and sustainability in maritime operations.
What you can expect:
The new Area Sales Manager (ASM) will be responsible for growing the Maritime Simulation division in Canada. This role will include operational activities such as developing sales pipelines, managing clients, providing sales analysis and forecasting. Experience in identifying and developing solutions to large tenders/solicitations is a plus. The ASM will also contribute to the Americas sales strategy and ensure that personal sales goals and profitability are met for existing and new markets and clients. The ASM will develop and maintain internal networks within the Kongsberg Group, particularly between the Canada, US, and Norway, as well as external networks with partners, market representatives, customers, and relevant industry networks.
What do we expect:
- You have a proven sales record within technology solution sales and a preferred background from maritime industry or similar technology industries.
- You have offshore or maritime training experience and familiarity with offshore and maritime training requirements, simulations, and exercises.
- You have served in the armed forces such as Canadian Navy, Coast Guard, or Canada's Department of National Defence (DND).
- You have a good understanding of the sales process from prospecting to contract negotiations.
- You have an extensive network of pre-existing maritime, naval, and offshore industries.
- You have excellent communication skills in English and French (preferably but not essential).
- Education: Technical Degree in Engineering, Maritime, Business, or Related Field
- You are a Canadian citizen and will be able to pass a background check and drug test required for security clearance to service our defence clients.
- You have a strong focus on ethics and will be committed to the KONGSBERG values.
What do we offer:
- An interesting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative company.
- Opportunities to travel as part of your role. We service clients from St. Johns NL, to Vancouver Island, BC. As well as clients in most major North American cities. Some travel will be required for this role to visit clients and attend conferences. We also host a yearly International User Conference which has previously been held in Norway, Singapore, and Panama.
- Career opportunities and personal development opportunities within the Kongsberg Group.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Great corporate culture within the Kongsberg Group.
Why settle for the ordinary when you can be part of the extraordinary?
- Where you will have the opportunity to work alongside industry experts, thought leaders, and innovative minds who are passionate about driving change.
- Where you will foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, and continuous learning.
- Where you will reshape the norms and build a future where everyone can thrive and excel.
- Where you can be part of our game changing culture where we believe in empowering our employees to unleash their full potential and make a meaningful impact.
- Where you can be part of our commitment to creating a workplace where everyone feels valued, respected, and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.
Diversity & Inclusion:
At Kongsberg Digital, we celebrate diversity and strive for inclusivity. We strongly believe that different perspectives and backgrounds drive innovation and contribute to our success. We actively promote a culture of inclusiveness that values and respects every individual, providing equal opportunities for all our employees. Together, we will create a workplace where every game-changing employee can shine and seize equal opportunities.
If you're ready to be a game changer in the pursuit of creating a better tomorrow, seize this opportunity! Submit your resume and a compelling cover letter that showcases your relevant experience and articulates why joining us at Kongsberg Digital excites you.
[Note to Recruitment Agencies:]
KDI occasionally partners with recruiting agencies for specific roles. To ensure compliance we work with a limited number of preferred suppliers who follow an agreed process for vetting and representing KDI in the external market. KDI will not accept unsolicited candidates or be liable to pay associated fees unless terms are agreed with our Procurement team prior to any work being carried out.