Kongsberg Digital is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas, and renewables & utilities. The company consists of more than 500 software experts with leading competence within internet of things, smart data, artificial intelligence, automation, and autonomous operations. In addition, Kongsberg Digital is the group-wide center of digital expertise for KONGSBERG.
The Maritime Simulation division is part of Kongsberg Digital and provides market leading simulator solutions for maritime, naval, and offshore industries worldwide. Maritime simulators are used for efficient education of vital skills and knowledge, as well as enhancing competence and decision-making. Our goal is to promote safety, cost-efficiency, and sustainability in maritime operations.
What is the role?
The new Area Sales Manager (ASM) USA will be responsible for growing the Maritime Simulation division in the US. This role will include operational activities such as developing sales pipelines, managing clients, providing sales analysis and forecasting. Experience in identifying and developing solutions to large tenders/solicitations is a plus. The ASM will also contribute to the US and Americas sales strategy and ensure that personal sales goals and profitability are met for existing and new markets and clients. The ASM will develop and maintain internal networks within the Kongsberg Group, particularly between the US and Norway, as well as external networks with partners, market representatives, customers, and relevant industry networks.
What we are looking for:
· You have a proven sales record within solution sales and a preferred background from maritime industry or similar technology industries.
· You have offshore or maritime training experience and familiarity with offshore and maritime training requirements.
· You have a good understanding of the sales process from prospecting to contract negotiations.
· You have an extensive network of pre-existing maritime, naval, and offshore industries.
· You have a strong focus on ethics and will be committed to the KONGSBERG values.
· You have excellent communication skills in English and Spanish (preferably but not essential).
· Education: ideally a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Maritime, Business, or Related Field.
What do we offer:
· An interesting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative company.
· Opportunities to travel as part of your role.
· Career opportunities and personal development opportunities within the Kongsberg Group.
· Competitive compensation package.
· Great corporate culture within the Kongsberg Group.
Diversity & Inclusion:
At Kongsberg Digital, we celebrate diversity and strive for inclusivity. We strongly believe that different perspectives and backgrounds drive innovation and contribute to our success. We actively promote a culture of inclusiveness that values and respects every individual, providing equal opportunities for all our employees. We will create a workplace where every game-changing employee can shine and seize equal opportunities.
If you're ready to be a game changer in the pursuit of creating a better tomorrow, seize this opportunity! Please submit your resume and a compelling cover letter that showcases your relevant experience and articulates why joining us at Kongsberg Digital excites you.