Kongsberg Digital is embarking on its next evolution as an organization. After the successful launch of the organization in 2016 and becoming a 1000+ strong organization with market leading technology helping redefine how leaders in the maritime, oil & gas and utilities industries operate; KDI has restructured its commercial operation into a global function which is responsible for driving new revenue, expanding KDI’s client base and developing strategic commercial relationship across all industries and product sets.
KDI is now seeking a driven, experienced, and efficient Director of Commercial Operations to report into the Chief Commercial Officer. This is a vital role that carries the responsibility of driving standardization and improvements in the execution of the sales process in this newly formed global function.
This includes, but is not limited to, the reviewing, updating and communicating of global commercial process activities such as bid reviews, pricing, costing discussions, KPIs, as well as having oversight over the company’s ongoing implementation of CRM standardization.
This candidate should be a leader and someone who carries gravitas and change management abilities.
In short – this person needs to be a Gamechanger – someone who is excited and driven about building new and effective processes and being a key player in the next evolution of Kongsberg Digital.
The ideal candidate will someone that has:
- Demonstrable commercial operations leadership experience from the B2B SaaS industry that possesses solid understanding of software bid processes, sales operations/execution and best practices within commercial business unit.
- A clear understanding of what it takes to build and run a world-class SaaS sales organization
- Experience in process improvement, change management in both sales and customer success contexts.
- Strong project execution and oversight abilities
- Leadership experience from B2B SaaS sales operations roles.
- Technically savvy individual with experience with system processes including CRMs and internal tools
Nice to have:
- A background in a commercial role with a focus on large value deals and multi-year sales cycles.
- Working in a best-in-class environment i.e. an organization recognized for its outstanding organizational processes.
- Previous experience of running teams and an understanding of talent management principles.
- Energy and or maritime software sales experience
- Engage with a team of experienced sales, software and industry experts from diverse backgrounds.
- Become part of a game-changing team, working in a fast-paced environment within a fast-growing tech company.
- Drive standardization of business processes and sales execution across the company
- Oversee implementation and harmonization of KDI’s global CRM system, a major operational priority set forth by the company’s C-level.
- Engage a broad set of organizational stakeholders.
- Gain a deep understanding of KDI’s products, service and digital strategy.
- Always work on continuous improvement, whether in the sales execution or customer lifecycle management systems contexts.
- Work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer to ensure organization-wide execution on key priorities and to ensure follow-up of key customer and partner engagement across the global salesforce.
Kongsberg Digital is a great place to work, and we welcome you aboard no matter who you are or where you come from. We will do everything in our power to give you a job you love doing, and a work environment you love working in.