Kongsberg Digital is looking for a System Architect for our advanced simulation system for maritime education and research. Our wide range of simulators enables customers to provide efficient and realistic training of students and crew in order to build vital skills that promotes safety, cost-efficiency and sustainability in operations at sea.
A software architect is an experienced software developer or programmer who is responsible for making high-level design choices and decisions for the maritime simulators. As an architect, you will take a bird’s-eye view of the total existing code base. Understanding the existing code base, you should decide which platforms, languages, frameworks, libraries, tools, and other technologies that should be used when implementing new features making them suit with the existing code base. As a software architect you should also ensure development teams follow best practices, coding standards, and technical requirements.
You will be involved in the development of our company's technical infrastructure and software applications. Your duties will include system integration, communicating with product owners and other stakeholders, and defining the solutions needed to implement business requirements. You will cooperate with a set of development teams in the agile design, development, testing and maintenance of software systems.
The existing code base is mainly written in C# and C++ with UI in HTML and WPF
Below are some of the responsibilities that you are expected to meet:
- Understand, manage, communicate, and enforce our software architecture roadmap.
- Define and document the architecture and design.
- Manage the design, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Translate business needs and requirements into technical requirements for software applications.
- Guide the software development process through high-level decision making.
- Coach and mentor, the team members, software engineers, programmers, and testers
- Create and maintain design and code standards.
- Serve as a technical liaison among project managers, developers, and stakeholders.
- Ensure code standard is followed by review of pull requests
Technical skills and experience
- Master's degree in computer science, information technology, software architecture, or related field
- Interest in mathematics, physics, and engineering
- 5+ years’ experience working as a part of a software development team.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and software design patterns
- Familiarity with software build tools, Microsoft Azure and Visual Studio
- Familiarity with software version control systems such as Git
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like Scrum
- Experience with testing frameworks, such as NUnit
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, fluent English speaking.
- Passion for software architecture
Deadline for applying is ASAP, candidates will be reviewed after applied.
Office will be Horten, but it will be possibilities from working from home office.