Join our high caliber Energy Simulation team as a Process Engineer or Senior Process Engineer!
Kongsberg Digital (KDI) is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas, and renewables & utilities. The company consists of more than 1000 employees worldwide including software experts with leading competence within internet of things, smart data, artificial intelligence, automation and autonomous operations, and people with heavy domain knowledge within the areas we operate. Kongsberg Digital is the group-wide center of digital expertise for KONGSBERG. Our work contributes to creating safer, more resource-efficient and greener industries for the future, solving the United Nations sustainability goals through technology. Our people make a difference.
We face a growing demand for our services worldwide and are now looking for Process Engineers to join our team in Lysaker or Horten.
Why work as a Process Engineer in Kongsberg Digital?
In our business unit Energy Simulation, we build full scale dynamic process simulators from wells through pipelines to the topside’s facilities to export, and by doing this you will get a unique insight, overview, and knowledge about all aspects of the oil & gas process facility, with a possibility to impact and contribute to safer and greener production. Our simulators are also powering our Digital Twin offerings. The range of digital applications is steadily increasing to meet the growing demands of the industries in which we work. Performance & Power Optimization, Condition Monitoring, Decision support, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, are some of the areas we also interact with as process engineers in the Energy Simulation business unit of Kongsberg Digital.
The Energy Simulation business unit in Digital Energy has offices in Horten and Lysaker (Norway), Houston (US), Szczecin (Poland), and Bangalore (India). Our main business is to provide dynamic process and flow simulator services and solutions to the energy industry based on the advanced proprietary dynamic process and flow simulators; K-Spice® and LedaFlow®.
K-Spice® and LedaFlow® are world-leading dynamic simulators for the energy domain. These advanced simulators are helping clients worldwide to design new assets, improve operations and train their personnel efficiently and safely. A variety of services and solutions ranging from conceptual process studies for Front End Engineering Design (FEED) phase, engineering verification simulators, control system check-out simulators and operator training simulators, to real time production monitoring systems and flow assurance studies are provided. The tools have now also proven capabilities for CO2 capture, transport, and storage.
What are we looking for?
You preferably hold a Bachelor's, Master’s or PhD degree in a subject such as Chemical-, Process-, Mechanical-, Petroleum-, Cybernetics-, Automation- or Electrical Engineering, all with an interest for Chemical/Process Engineering. Extensive relevant work experience, e.g. as control room operator, can substitute formal education.
- You are self-driven and eager to learn new tools.
- You have the ability to approach and solve complex problems in a structured manner.
- You interact well with clients, are service minded, collaborative and solution oriented.
- You are fluent in both English and Norwegian (or Scandinavian) language (oral and written)
- Experience as a process operator is beneficial.
- Interest or knowledge within the Net Zero domain is beneficial.
- Interest in computer programming is an advantage.
- You can travel to client sites.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment interfacing with several different teams and functions.
What do we offer?
- A unique possibility to get a complete overview, insight and knowledge into all aspects related to oil & gas production processes.
- A large contact surface including internal stakeholders, external clients and research institutions.
- You will have a high level of flexibility in your role and work with multiple internal and external teams.
- Professional and meaningful challenges. The solutions you take part in developing will contribute to smarter, safer, and greener operations worldwide.
- Career opportunities and personal development
- Be part of an exciting journey together with a brilliant and experienced team who want to make a difference.
Does this sound like the next smart career step for you? Then join us on our journey to World Class - through People, Technology and Dedication.
Both newly graduated and experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Digital Energy
- Kongsberg Digital- Headquarter, Kongsberg Digital - Horten
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
- Application deadline
OUR POWER IS CURIOSITY, CREATION AND INNOVATION
We believe you love to experiment, challenge the established, co-create, develop and cultivate. Together we can explore new answers to today’s challenges and future opportunities, and talk about how industrial digitalisation can be a part of the solution for a better tomorrow. We believe that different perspectives are crucial for developing gamechanging technology for a better tomorrow. Join us in taking on this challenge!
About Kongsberg Digital
Kongsberg Digital is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas and utilities. Together with the rest of KONGSBERG, Kongsberg Digital offers solutions within autonomy, smart data, augmented reality and other areas.
Join Kongsberg Digital as we pursue our mission to digitalize the world’s industries for a better tomorrow. We truly believe that technology will drive more efficient and sustainable operations, making the oil sector more energy efficient, ships less polluting and green energy future proof.
Every day our products create impact by transforming data into actions, helping our customers improve decision making, automate work and drive value.
As part of our DNA, we are committed to continuously innovate and turn great ideas into more sustainable solutions. And we are looking for extraordinary individuals to join us on our mission.
Loading application form
Already working at Kongsberg Digital?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.