Kongsberg Digital (KDI) is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas, and renewables & utilities. The company consists of more than 500 software experts with leading competence within internet of things, smart data, artificial intelligence, automation and autonomous operations. In addition, Kongsberg Digital is the group-wide center of digital expertise for KONGSBERG
We seek to strengthen our product development team in Bangalore with talented engineers.
Why work for Kongsberg Digital?
When you join Kongsberg Digital, you become part of a company with long traditions for cutting-edge research and product development. You will join a team of world-class developers where you will be encouraged to develop and further your career. Your work will contribute to creating safer, more resource-efficient and greener industries for the future, solving the UN sustainability goals through technology, and shaping our organization and industry in the process. Our people make a difference. Located in Bangalore, India, the Kongsberg Digital is a modern workplace. Our Projects and Services Department involves development in entire stack from Front end to IOT, and we have partners in Asia, Europe and America. Our current product portfolio consists of maritime, oil & gas, renewables & utilities, ocean farming and many more. We strive to live up to our goal of quality deliverables, and we seek you that can contribute to this.
What are we looking for?
Work Experience - 4-8 years of architecture and design experience on complex application.
- 4+ years working in distributed agile development teams in product/project development working with international team and stakeholders.
- Certification on Azure, Architecture or Technology is a definite plus. Technical Skills & Expertise
- Nice to have hands-on / academic experience with Vue.js/React, 2D and 3D graphic rendering using WebGL, D3.js or any data visualization libraries.
- Must have Hands-on experience building responsive, cross browser web applications using HTML, CSS, Angular Material.
- Nice to have hands-on / academic experience working with SVG and Canvas. - Must have good understanding on the concepts and application of unit tests in development. Further hands-on experience using Jasmine, Karma with Angular.
- Must have a technical mind set with great attention to detail. Demonstrates qualities of “Practitioner”. - Nice to have experience with Cloud (Azure), DevOps, CI/CD and Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
Interpersonal & Digital Fluency
- Passion for technology, challenges and quality with a dynamic, forward leaning and proactive personality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to drive meaningful value to collaboration with a strong belief in team and delivering together.
- Strong commitment to ownership, responsibilities and cause of business and team
- Ability to be creative and innovative on technology/non-technology areas is desirable. - Excellent responsiveness with good reporting and presentation skills with verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to inspire, motivate the team and be assertive and congenial in the right mix is necessary.
- Active experience in usage of modern team collaboration tools like Slack, MS Teams, etc. is necessary.
- Ability to write quality wikis/articles/blogs for internal and external use.
A respectable presence in technology, architecture communities, conference and online communities is desirable.
What you will be responsible for?
Technology & Delivery - Deliver strong, scalable architecture in line with the product vision, timelines and quality standard.
- Deliver key research (MVP, POC) with an efficient turn-around time to help make strong product decisions.
- Take responsibility of the product cloud platform from development to deployment. Ensure operational aspects of the cloud platform with minimal down time to support continuous operations for the customers.
- Demonstrate clear ability to participate with product stakeholders on requirements brainstorming and recommend potential solutions.
- Work with the team identify and prioritize work as per delivery timelines by translating requirements and ideas to tangible work items.
- Demonstrate key understanding and expertise on modern technologies, architecture and design.
Mentor the team to deliver modular, scalable and high performance code.
- Monitor and review work progress with the team, report any key deviations/risks.
- Continuously update and learn new technology trend building key expertise in the team. What do we offer?
- Excellent work environment to foster and support innovation and technical excellence.
- Awesome working environment with Best-In-Class collaboration and innovation opportunities.
- Perfect place to grow and stay ahead of the curve
- An interesting position within a dynamic and innovative company Great corporate culture within Kongsberg
- Opportunity to be a part of a brilliant team with people who care and want to make a difference - Possibility to travel
- Career opportunities and personal development
- An exciting journey where we explore, collaborate and achieve goals together We are looking forward to receive your application.
- Digital Ocean
- Kongsberg Digital India
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Kongsberg Digital India
OUR POWER IS CURIOSITY, CREATION AND INNOVATION
We believe you love to experiment, challenge the established, co-create, develop and cultivate. Together we can explore new answers to today’s challenges and future opportunities, and talk about how industrial digitalisation can be a part of the solution for a better tomorrow. We believe that different perspectives are crucial for developing gamechanging technology for a better tomorrow. Join us in taking on this challenge!
About Kongsberg Digital
Kongsberg Digital is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas and utilities. Together with the rest of KONGSBERG, Kongsberg Digital offers solutions within autonomy, smart data, augmented reality and other areas.
Join Kongsberg Digital as we pursue our mission to digitalize the world’s industries for a better tomorrow. We truly believe that technology will drive more efficient and sustainable operations, making the oil sector more energy efficient, ships less polluting and green energy future proof.
Every day our products create impact by transforming data into actions, helping our customers improve decision making, automate work and drive value.
As part of our DNA, we are committed to continuously innovate and turn great ideas into more sustainable solutions. And we are looking for extraordinary individuals to join us on our mission.
Loading application form
Already working at Kongsberg Digital?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.