Product Advisor – Maritime Domain
We usually respond within a day
Why work for Kongsberg Digital?
When you join Kongsberg Digital, you become part of a company with long traditions for cutting-edge research and product
development. You will join a team of world-class developers where you will be encouraged to develop and further your career. Your
work will contribute to creating safer, more resource-efficient and greener industries for the future, solving the UN sustainability goals
through technology, and shaping our organization and industry in the process. Our people make a difference.
Located in Bangalore, India, the Kongsberg Digital is a modern workplace. Our Digital Ocean Department involves development in
entire stack from Front end to IOT. Our current product portfolio consists products from maritime, oil & gas, renewables & energy
domain. We strive to live up to our goal of quality deliverables, and we seek that you can contribute to this.
As an integral part of this team, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing on the product design in line with the product vision, timelines and quality standard.
- Delivering key research (MVP, POC) with an efficient turn-around time to help make strong product decisions.
- Participating with product stakeholders on requirements brainstorming and recommend potential solutions.
- Providing engineering support for Field Service Engineers working in the field, support Sales and Customer success team.
- Responsible for Fetching data from vessel machinery, bridge, retrofit sensors / transmitters for specific vessel machinery and
variety of specialized technology services for fleet management.
- Responsible for data telemetry from ECR, Bridge Equipment, Emissions, Ballast, Main Engine, DG Sets, Flow Meters etc.
- Will be working with capable automation specialists, technology managers, digital technology specialists and maritime domain
To be a good fit for this position, you have:
Qualifications & Skills
- Should have bachelor’s degree in Marine Industrial Automation / Electrical/ Electronics / EC / Instrumentation Engineering.
- Minimum experience of 7 years in Maritime Industry of any of these positions - Chief Officer / First Officer / Marine Operation
Manager / Captain / Surveyor / Seafarer / Marine Engineer / Technical Superintendent.
- Fluency in Industrial Communication Protocols (MODBUS, HART, Profibus, Profinet)
- Must have considerable onboard experience with hands on exposure across generations of AMS, ME, AE, Flow meters etc. and /
or in bridge systems.
- Candidate with knowledge and experience in working on OPC UA, MQTT layers and interfacing with RTDAS/Data logger devices
over LAN systems and bringing vessel machinery - live data into a PC.
- Candidates with knowledge and experience in working on (i.e. identification, configuration, installation, commissioning) RTUs,
Remote I/Os, A/D I/Os, PLCs, SCADA systems, NMEA Buffers, Protocol convertors like Modbus/Profibus/Serial/TCP/ etc. is
- Awareness & knowledge of power generation, automation systems, reefer container monitoring, experience in PMS is an added
- Ability to carry out in depth troubleshooting and guide vessels for effective case resolutions.
Interpersonal & Digital Fluency
- Passion for technology, challenges and quality with a dynamic, forward leaning and proactive personality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to drive meaningful value to collaboration with a strong belief in team and delivering together.
- Strong commitment to ownership, responsibilities and cause of business and team
Product Manager – Maritime Domain
Kongsberg Digital (KDI) is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas, and
renewables & utilities. The company consists of more than 1000 software experts with leading competence within internet of things,
smart data, artificial intelligence, automation and autonomous operations. In addition, Kongsberg Digital is the group-wide center of
digital expertise for KONGSBERG
- Ability to be creative and innovative on technology/non-technology areas is desirable.
- Excellent responsiveness with good reporting and presentation skills with verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to inspire, motivate the team and be assertive and congenial in the right mix is necessary.
- Active experience in usage of modern team collaboration tools like Slack, MS Teams, etc. is necessary.
- Ability to write quality wikis/articles/blogs for internal and external use. A respectable presence in technology, architecture
communities, conference and online communities is desirable.
What do we offer?
- Excellent work environment to foster and support innovation and technical excellence.
- Awesome working environment with Best-In-Class collaboration and innovation opportunities.
- Perfect place to grow and stay ahead of the curve
- An interesting position within a dynamic and innovative company Great corporate culture within Kongsberg
- Opportunity to be a part of a brilliant team with people who care and want to make a difference
- Possibility to travel
- Career opportunities and personal development
- An exciting journey where we explore, collaborate and achieve goals together
We are looking forward to receive your application.
- Digital Ocean
- Kongsberg Digital India
Kongsberg Digital India
OUR POWER IS CURIOSITY, CREATION AND INNOVATION
We believe you love to experiment, challenge the established, co-create, develop and cultivate. Together we can explore new answers to today’s challenges and future opportunities, and talk about how industrial digitalisation can be a part of the solution for a better tomorrow. We believe that different perspectives are crucial for developing gamechanging technology for a better tomorrow. Join us in taking on this challenge!
About Kongsberg Digital
Kongsberg Digital is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas and utilities. Together with the rest of KONGSBERG, Kongsberg Digital offers solutions within autonomy, smart data, augmented reality and other areas.
Join Kongsberg Digital as we pursue our mission to digitalize the world’s industries for a better tomorrow. We truly believe that technology will drive more efficient and sustainable operations, making the oil sector more energy efficient, ships less polluting and green energy future proof.
Every day our products create impact by transforming data into actions, helping our customers improve decision making, automate work and drive value.
As part of our DNA, we are committed to continuously innovate and turn great ideas into more sustainable solutions. And we are looking for extraordinary individuals to join us on our mission.
Product Advisor – Maritime Domain
Loading application form
Already working at Kongsberg Digital?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.