Senior UI/UX Designer
We usually respond within a day
Kongsberg Digital (KDI) is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas, and renewables & utilities. The company consists of more than 500 software experts with leading competence within internet of things, smart data, artificial intelligence, automation and autonomous operations. In addition, Kongsberg Digital is the group-wide center of digital expertise for KONGSBERG
We seek to strengthen our product design team in Bangalore with talented designers.
Why work for Kongsberg Digital?
When you join Kongsberg Digital, you become part of a company with long traditions for cutting-edge research and product development. You will join a team of world-class designers where you will be encouraged to design, upskill and further your career. Your work will contribute to creating safer, more resource-efficient and greener industries for the future, solving the UN sustainability goals through technology, and shaping our organization and industry in the process. Our people make a difference.
Located in Bangalore, India, the Kongsberg Digital is a modern workplace. Our Projects and Services Department involves development in entire stack from Design to Device, and we have clients in Asia, Europe and America. Our current product portfolio consists of maritime, oil & gas, renewables & utilities, ocean farming and many more. We strive to live up to our goal of quality deliverables, and we seek you that can contribute to this.
What are we looking for?
- 4-8 years of relevant industry experience.
- 4+ years working in distributed agile development teams in product/project development working with international team and stakeholders.
- Experience working in Energy, Maritime, Simulation, and Oil & Gas or Engineering domain is definite plus.
- A design portfolio is must showcasing only individual projects or work.
Technical Skills & Expertise
- Must have strong expertise on relevant tools is necessary – Figma, Miro, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Familiarity with Sketch, Adobe XD, Invision, Zeplin, and their related plugins is a plus.
- Must have strong expertise and experience in UX Design: Design Thinking, User Research, Defining Insights, Empathy Mapping, Ideate, Wireframing, Rapid Prototyping, Usability Testing and Interaction Design.
- Must have excellent documentation skills. Set new benchmark in creating any UX artefacts and documents.
- Must be able to conduct UX Audit, UX Discovery Workshops, UX Estimations, UX Vision & Strategy.
- Must have strong expertise and experience in UI Design: Branding, Color Theory, Typography, Iconography, Grid System, UI Pattern Design, Style Guide, Design System, and Developer Hand-off.
- Must have strong expertise and experience in designing consumer facing Mobile Apps, Tablet Apps, Web Apps and Responsive Web Apps.
- Must have ability to produce concepts that apply to hybrid apps for web and mobile reducing separate development efforts.
- Must be able to create, manage and scale design language system.
- Should conduct workshops and collaborate with product owners to understand business needs, user needs & goals of the project.
- Should collaborate with other designers, developers and stakeholders to achieve goals of the project.
- Must be passionate about design and up to date with the current trends. Always on a lookout to bring new concepts and excellent designs to the table.
- Should have ability to learn and understand domain concepts and apply to the design.
- Nice to have knowledge of HTML5/CSS3/Sass/Less, front-end scripting (js, jquery etc), design methodologies and frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation etc.
- Nice to have understanding of technology, front-end development, and data visualization.
- Nice to have experience working on engineering products is a plus.
Interpersonal & Digital Fluency
- Passion for technology, challenges and quality with a dynamic, forward leaning and proactive personality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to drive meaningful value to collaboration with a strong belief in team and delivering together.
- Strong commitment to ownership, responsibilities and cause of business and team
- Ability to be creative and innovative on technology/non-technology areas is desirable.
- Excellent responsiveness with good reporting and presentation skills with verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to inspire, motivate the team and be assertive and congenial in the right mix is necessary.
- Active experience in usage of modern team collaboration tools like Slack, MS Teams, etc. is necessary.
- Ability to write quality wikis/articles/blogs for internal and external use. A respectable presence in technology, architecture communities, conference and online communities is desirable.
What you will be responsible for?
Technology & Delivery
- Design the future of maritime digital solutions.
- Use your insight and design skills for the international impact of digital transformation.
- Explore new, intuitive ways to visualize and interact with platforms and monitoring data.
- Translate customer and stakeholder needs into product design, prototype, and implementation.
- Visualize and communicate design solutions from concept to user interface.
- Developer consumable design deliverables for high quality products.
- Work with Agile Software Development teams on user experience and user interface design.
- Collaborate with design and product development teams.
- Work with the design team and build opportunities for continuous learning.
- Take key ownership of the design of multiple product deliveries.
What do we offer?
- Excellent work environment to foster and support innovation and technical excellence.
- Awesome working environment with Best-In-Class collaboration and innovation opportunities.
- Perfect place to grow and stay ahead of the curve
- An interesting position within a dynamic and innovative company Great corporate culture within Kongsberg
- Opportunity to be a part of a brilliant team with people who care and want to make a difference
- Possibility to travel
- Career opportunities and personal development
- An exciting journey where we explore, collaborate and achieve goals together
We are looking forward to receive your application.
KONGSBERG is a knowledge-based technology group developing systems and solutions for the maritime, offshore, energy, satellite, defence and aerospace industries. Founded 200 years ago, the corporation has continued to transform itself through paradigm shifts in the industry ecosystem and society at large. During the last decades, the group has played a key role in internationalizing the Norwegian core industries by bringing to market advanced and reliable technology solutions improving safety, security, and performance in complex operations under extreme conditions; from deep sea to outer space. Now in the Industry 4.0 paradigm, KONGSBERG utilize its strengths to develop new solutions based on cloud computing, the Industrial Internet of Things, and the exponential impact of cyber-physical systems, artificial intelligence and higher-level autonomy solutions. Today we are 7000 colleagues in 30 countries working in close partnerships with customers and research groups worldwide. We are rooted in our core values determined, innovative, reliable and collaborative.
- Digital Ocean
- Kongsberg Digital India
- Employment type
Kongsberg Digital India
OUR POWER IS CURIOSITY, CREATION AND INNOVATION
We believe you love to experiment, challenge the established, co-create, develop and cultivate. Together we can explore new answers to today’s challenges and future opportunities, and talk about how industrial digitalisation can be a part of the solution for a better tomorrow. We believe that different perspectives are crucial for developing gamechanging technology for a better tomorrow. Join us in taking on this challenge!
About Kongsberg Digital
Kongsberg Digital is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas and utilities. Together with the rest of KONGSBERG, Kongsberg Digital offers solutions within autonomy, smart data, augmented reality and other areas.
Join Kongsberg Digital as we pursue our mission to digitalize the world’s industries for a better tomorrow. We truly believe that technology will drive more efficient and sustainable operations, making the oil sector more energy efficient, ships less polluting and green energy future proof.
Every day our products create impact by transforming data into actions, helping our customers improve decision making, automate work and drive value.
As part of our DNA, we are committed to continuously innovate and turn great ideas into more sustainable solutions. And we are looking for extraordinary individuals to join us on our mission.
Senior UI/UX Designer
Loading application form
Already working at Kongsberg Digital?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.