Software Support Analyst
We usually respond within a day
Kongsberg Digital (KDI) is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas, and renewables & utilities. The company consists of more than 500 software experts with leading competence within internet of things, smart data, artificial intelligence, automation and autonomous operations. In addition, Kongsberg Digital is the group-wide center of digital expertise for KONGSBERG.
As a Software Support Analyst, you will:
- Install, configure, and implement real-time systems and applications in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Responsible for handling, troubleshooting and resolving technical support issues on installed systems in a timely manner.
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues, identifying and fixing the reported issues, delivering support for all customers.
- Ensuring that all customers are very satisfied with the effectiveness and efficiency of the support they receive.
- Utilizing knowledge of the customer environment, delivering timely and high quality incident resolution focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer.
- Train Users on Kongsberg Oil & Gas Technologies real-time visualization tools used in remote command centers.
- Work with clients to custom design real-time solutions using WITSML (XML for drilling environments).
- Perform demos of real-time data management and collaboration systems.
- Open to work in rotating shifts – India Day and Night shifts.
- Travel locations may include client offices.
To excel in this position, you must have:
- 1-4 years in Application/Technical/Product Support and troubleshooting supporting internal/external clients/customers over email/phone
- Deploying/Configuring/Supporting .net application/software on staging/production server
- Knowledge of the well construction process in Oil & Gas industry
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Petroleum engineer or Software Development
- Proven Windows Server 2008, 2010 system administration experience and knowledge of network communication solutions.
- Domain knowledge of the work processes related to drilling and well construction will be an advantage
- Familiar with WITSML or WITS will be beneficial.
- Knowledge/experience with Hardware and Software is a must
- Experience with software testing, support or troubleshooting
- Applying operating system updates, patches and configuration changes
- Installation of new hardware and software
- Performance Tuning
- Network troubleshooting
- Providing service & solutions for problems and questions
- A firm commitment to proactive customer-friendly service and on-time delivery
- Desire to travel and work with people in different cultures
Additionally, some good to have skills are:
- Experience of working on drilling rig will be an advantage but not must
- Knowledge/experience of Microsoft Azure and/or AWS
- Security administration – LDAP, Active Directory
- Oracle or SQL Database experience.
- Passion for delivering cutting-edge products and for delivering great Customer experience
- Windows Certificates are a plus
Here at Kongsberg Digital, we offer you
- Exciting challenges and possibility to develop yourself working with other highly competent peers.
- Great career opportunities with possibilities for personal development within a dynamic and innovative company.
- A work environment high level of flexibility that fosters innovation and technical excellence.
- Competitive compensation and top in the industry benefits.
- Support functions
- Kongsberg Digital India
- Employment type
- Employment level
- First / Mid Level Officials
Kongsberg Digital India
OUR POWER IS CURIOSITY, CREATION AND INNOVATION
We believe you love to experiment, challenge the established, co-create, develop and cultivate. Together we can explore new answers to today’s challenges and future opportunities, and talk about how industrial digitalisation can be a part of the solution for a better tomorrow. We believe that different perspectives are crucial for developing gamechanging technology for a better tomorrow. Join us in taking on this challenge!
About Kongsberg Digital
Kongsberg Digital is a provider of next generation software and digital solutions to customers within maritime, oil & gas and utilities. Together with the rest of KONGSBERG, Kongsberg Digital offers solutions within autonomy, smart data, augmented reality and other areas.
Join Kongsberg Digital as we pursue our mission to digitalize the world’s industries for a better tomorrow. We truly believe that technology will drive more efficient and sustainable operations, making the oil sector more energy efficient, ships less polluting and green energy future proof.
Every day our products create impact by transforming data into actions, helping our customers improve decision making, automate work and drive value.
As part of our DNA, we are committed to continuously innovate and turn great ideas into more sustainable solutions. And we are looking for extraordinary individuals to join us on our mission.
Software Support Analyst
Loading application form
Already working at Kongsberg Digital?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.